St. Patrick's Home of Ottawa is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents and staff.
As a Long-Term Care Home in Ontario, St. Pat’s is following the guidelines of the Ministry of Long Term Care in regards to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus):
- We have active screening in place for ANYONE who enters the Home, including temperature checks. Everyone is also screened and temperature checked prior to leaving the Home. Staff and anyone else who enters the Home are COVID tested weekly.
- RESIDENT ABSENCES ARE SUSPENDED. Residents are able to go on short stay and temporary absences from the Home. The requirements for these types of absences can be found here: Update to Families 08312020
- St. Patrick’s Home Senior Leadership will be providing frequent communications to families which will be e-mailed to the primary contacts for residents. These communications can also be found at the links below.
- The monthly statements, which some of you usually pick up in the Home, will be mailed out as you will not be able to pick these up in the Home.
- INDOOR VISITS ARE LIMITED TO ESSENTIAL VISITORS. Indoor visiting resumed on July 22, 2020. The guidelines for visits are based on directives from the Ministry of Long Term Care.
WE HAVE NO CASES OF COVID-19
Updated: February 24, 2021
COVID-19 Public Information
The following links provide the most up-to-date information regarding the COVID-19 virus and important resources:
Ottawa Public Health:
Public Health Ontario:
Ontario’s Ministry of Health:
World Health Organization: