St. Patrick’s Home of Ottawa Foundation
The Board of Directors of the St. Patrick’s Home of Ottawa Foundation is seeking a dynamic Executive Director who has a proven track record of success in a leadership position, overseeing operations of an organization, while maintaining solid relationships with staff, board, donors and the community. A collaborative leadership style, excellent communications and fundraising skills and deep commitment to the mission and values of both the Foundation and St. Patrick’s Home is a core requirement.
The St. Patrick’s Home of Ottawa Foundation is an exciting, progressive organization focused on raising, managing and disbursing funds in support of the mission of St. Patrick’s Home of Ottawa. St. Patrick’s Home is one of the region’s most highly respected long-term-care Homes, and has been serving the community for 150 years. The Home and Foundation have a strong legacy of care and philanthropy in the community: www.stpatsfoundation.ca
Reporting to the St. Patrick’s Home Foundation Board of Directors, the Executive Director will provide leadership and strategic direction of the Foundation’s programs. The successful candidate will have the ability to think creatively about St. Patrick’s Home Foundation’s capabilities and assets and to articulate a vision for the organization’s future, in a manner that connects powerfully with donor interests.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Reporting directly to the Chair of the Foundation Board and the Board of Directors, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, deliver on the current strategic plan for the Foundation and its activities while building a new strategic vision
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations and funders
- Manage, extend and enhance the annual giving plan, including direct mail and special events and major gifts as well as further develop the Planned Giving Program
- Provide leadership to fundraising volunteers and Board members
- Prepare, submit and monitor the organization’s budget
- Review and evaluate the success of all fundraising functions
- Develop strategies for identifying and defining the Foundation’s key prospects while stewarding and upgrading existing donors
- Ensure effective donor recognition, cultivation and stewardship initiatives
- Serve as the spokesperson for the Foundation and actively represent St. Patrick’s Home Foundation in the community
- Collaborate, innovate and partner with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraising Officer in the development of promotional materials for Foundation activities, as required
- Manages and coordinates the human resources development and function of the Foundation staff, to maximize their personal growth and effectiveness and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate all communication requirements, including social media
- Manage three direct reports and conduct annual performance reviews
- Review and update Foundation policies, plans and procedures, as required
- Seven or more years’ progressive management experience, with proven leadership experience in fundraising, communications and public relations.
- Proven personal track record of success in cultivating and soliciting six-figure gifts, and recruiting and engaging volunteers for fundraising success.
- Demonstrated experience with organizational leadership, strategic planning, analytics and process management to drive excellence in program outcomes.
- Sound working knowledge and experience and proven success with fundraising including special events, major gift solicitation, capital campaign and direct marketing
- Experience working with senior level volunteers and donors
- Analytical skills and competency in program analysis, data mining, prospect research, segmentation and database programs
- A solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management and marketing
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your Resume to:
Hiring Committee, Foundation Executive Director at email@example.com
Closing date: May 31st, 2018